Who doesn’t love free stuff!
As of January 2014, Medicare is funding a limited range of dental services to eligible child patients.
- Children aged between 2 –17 years on any one day of the calendar year
- Receive, or their family, guardian or carer receives, certain government benefits such as Family Tax Benefit Part A for at least part of the calendar year
- Are eligible for Medicare
What the scheme covers
The scheme provides Medicare rebates of up to $1000 over a two year period for a limited range of dental services including:
- Diagnostic services – check-ups, x-rays etc.
- Cleans and Fluoride treatments
- Extractions and oral surgery
- Fillings on adult and baby teeth
- Root canal treatments in baby teeth
- Limited dental trauma services
How much will it cost?
Somerville Family Dental Care is pleased to bulk bill for all dental treatment covered by the scheme with no out of pocket costs.
How do I pay my account?
Upon presentation of your Medicare card and authorisation by Medicare, Somerville Family Dental Care will bulk bill your claim and no payment will be required.
What must I do?
You MUST inform reception that your child is eligible for treatment under the Medicare Child Dental Scheme when you make an appointment.
What is not covered?
- Orthodontic treatment
- Treatment in Hospital
- Cosmetic treatment including tooth whitening, crowns and veneers.
- Mouthguards and most complex dental procedures
To find out more about the scheme visit the Medicare website.